In the first week of July, I decided to create some summer goals for myself. My intention was that I wanted to actually accomplish something this summer. Since Corona happened, I’ve been feeling like a blob. Remote teaching isn’t as intense as going into the classroom so my days would end earlier and I would either read or watch TV. Once summer started, I decided to make some goals. Here they are!
- Read at least 10 books
- Write 2-3 blog posts per week
- Write at least one blog post for an educational site
- Proofread 4 different papers (apply for a proofreading job)
- Workout at least 4 times a week
- Clean out my grandpa’s house
Now let’s see how I am actually doing!
- Read at least 10 books: I am doing pretty well with this one! I have read 8 books and I’m on my 9th! You can see which books I’ve been reading by checking out my page called Reading.
- Write 2-3 blog posts per week: Not to brag, but I feel like a baller with this one! I have been posting almost every day for the last few weeks! Because it is summer, it hasn’t been too hard to maintain but I might switch up my schedule once school starts again!
- Write at least one blog post for an educational site: Yikes! This one hasn’t happened and I haven’t even made an attempt with it…
- Proofread 4 different papers (apply for a proofreading job): Another yikes! I started looking into this and then got frustrated so I stopped. Let’s see what happens…
- Workout at least 4 times a week: This one has been going okay! I have been working out 3 times a week and going on walks so I feel like I am making progress!
- Clean out my grandpa’s house: I did my best with this one! I ended up cleaning the library which was the biggest project and some of the kitchen but I needed my mom’s help. Now that I am back in NYC, I can’t help with it.
All in all, I feel like I’ve made a decent amount of progress. Some will be accomplished, some might not. But that’s the reason why I set goals, in order to accomplish something. I know that if I didn’t, I would’ve been a bigger blob than I was during the school year! The next update will be at the beginning of September! Check back then to see how I did!